September 23, 2012

Style Your Story....

I have never known the greatest form of liberation until I had the opportunity to sing in hopefully what is NOT to be my last singing gig. Just like great style, singing comes from great inspiration, expression, passion, and even vulnerability. I was asked to be part of this amazing band, and thought, "what the hell." I don't think I'll have have this opportunity again, and I'm not one for turning down anything, especially something that puts me out of my comfort zone, so I enlisted, and it was probably in my top 5 "best experiences" ever.  

Today, listening to probably one of the most AMAZING female vocalist bands I've ever heard called THE KILLS, and their latest album (I think) "Blood Pressures."  This has got to be the best way to spend a Sunday. Last night I sang a cover song; "Brass in Pocket" from The Pretenders. Now, just like writing my "own story or lyrics" as a start-up stylist, I want to attempt to write my own lyrics to my own songs, and tell the world what I know about life, love, motherhood, strength, independence, inspiration,  and all those things that we have created our own maps.

Music and style are synergistic. They're both such amazing outlets for freedom. I feel like teaching this freedom to create is so important in our little ones too! Children are brilliant, and are their own little creative geniuses wanting to explore life in their natural unguardedness.
We all still have that desire within us, so please, STYLE YOUR OWN STORY....
HAPPY SUNDAY!!!! XO






No comments: